Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Black Capped Lory in Watercolor

Title: Black Capped Lory
Size: A4 size paper
Media: Watercolor on paper
Painter: Leo Charles Roring
Here is the watercolor painting of Black Capped Lory (Lorius lory). I saw this bird while I was traveling in Raja Ampat islands. As a tourist guide, I often arrange tours and accompany tourists on various birdwatching and snorkeling trip in West Papua. Some of the destinations are Sorong regency, Tambrauw mountains and Raja Ampat. Raja Ampat is a famous place for diving and snorkeling. But the regency is also a nice place for birdwatchers. I saw this bird in Kri island and was attracted to it because of its colorful feather.
I made the watercolor painting of the bird using Derwent Watercolor pencils. I offer the cut out version of this bird in my Redbubble store. It can be bought on various printed products from T-shirts and drawstring bags to iPhone cases and pillows. I hope that you will be interested in buying some of them on the following link: Black Capped Lory Prints


No comments:

Post a Comment