Translate

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Water Lily from Merauke

Merauke is a town in southern part of West Papua. I went there early this year by airplane and visited several areas of the town including Wasur National Park. While in the park, I saw giant termite nest whose height could reach 3 meters from the ground. Much of the land in Merauke consists of lowland and swamps. That's why I could see various water plants. One the way back to town, I saw the water lily that looks so beautiful.

Back at home, I opened my sketch book and decided to draw and color it. Because the watercolor pencils were not strong enough in depicting the contrast between the light and darker colors, I added Pentel watercolor to the painting. And then I used my Nikon camera to capture the picture. After some adjustment in Adobe Photoshop, finally, I could uploaded it onto my Redbubble portofolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment