Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Watercolor painting of Orchid

Here is the watercolor painting of orchid that I created last year. I think it is from Dendrobium family but I don't know its species name. I often see orchid plant in high trees when I guide tourists on trekking or birding tour in the forest of Manokwari or Sorong regency of West Papua.
Orchids are epiphytes or air plants. This is true because most orchids grow in high trees on the junction between a branch and the main trunk of a tree. Their roots tightly cling to the tree and also gather moisture from the surrounding air. There are also species of this plant that grows on the ground taking nutrients from the soil.
Orchid can also be seen as a sensual flower that is beautiful if artistically drawn or painted on canvas or paper. Because I like watercolor, I will make more artworks of orchids and upload them in this blog. 
I also have got the vector version of this painting that I made using Inkscape software. I uploaded it on my zazzle.com tropical art store.
The artwork is available printed on various products from mugs to t-shirt and from mouse pad to adult apron.
For Digital vector: 

No comments:

Post a Comment